Advanced Therapeutic Massage
This treatment can be applied in two distinct ways depending on requirements: Deep Tissue Massage or Trigger Point Therapy.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage is a firm and targeted, soft tissue therapy that has a number of therapeutic benefits such as reducing stress and tension in skeletal muscles, as well as easing knots and muscular pain. As well as aiding muscular discomfort and improving range of movement and reduce pain, this form of massage can also help to reduce blood pressure, provide relaxation and help to reduce swelling.
This type of massage can support:
- Mental health – offering relaxation and improving coping mechanisms associated with pain management.
- Pain relief – tension headaches, injury, conditions like arthritis or specific musculoskeletal complaints such as shoulder or lower back pain.
- Respiratory health.
Trigger Point Therapy
Trigger points are palpable nodules or thickened areas found in taut bands within skeletal muscles. They are locally tender and may produce referred pain, tingling, burning and pins-and-needles sensations.
Trigger Point Therapy is a treatment which uses neuromuscular pressure and deep stretching longitudinal strokes to deactivate the trigger points and release muscular tension created by them in the surrounding area.
- First session - Including consultation 60
- Follow up session (60 mins) 60
- Follow up session (90 mins) 80